K@Blog!

Blog of mine... Thoughts, updates, happenings, etc.

Solemnity of Corpus Christi
Sunday, June 06, 2010
It wasn't usual for me to be in a hurry to hear the Holy Mass if I'm at home (maybe because it's me and that's me =D). When I was on my way, I'm counting the penny I have in my purse and try to compute if I could commute back home. Then, as soon as I assumed I could commute back home - I put myself into focus to hear the Holy Mass.

As soon as I arrived the church, I'm glad I heard it's the opening song and I wasn't too late (I thought I was, but thank God I'm just in time). I got my seat and I want it to be almost in front, then I got it. ; )

So, the Holy Mass went through as the way it should be and I, as parishioner - sing songs of the Mass as my way of expressing my worship & praise to God.

It's time for the Gospel and it's all about the "Feeding of the Multitude" and the usual to me is that I would say "Ah, I already knew that." At the back of my mind, I'm also thinking what would be the priest's Homily. So, I pay attention for me to prove I should pick something from what the priest will say but still there were some thoughts hanging in my mind - "Am I right to hear this Mass or should I go look for other church?", "I know this priest, he's almost new here and a newbie might not deliver a very good Homily. I would rather choose the other priest who celebrate Mass here rather than him."

Then, as the priest do the Homily - I'm particular with the content and thought of it. He said, the church is celebrating the Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ - and for me I'm thinking "Then what? Does it have something to do with the Gospel for today?" (I'm really bad, right?)

I knew in myself I already heard about the Gospel so I go on listening and suddenly the priest started to give his points about the church's celebration for today. He said, the celebration is also about the Mass itself because it is the Corpus Christi we're after - to receive and to take it. He also shared three things about the Holy Mass, its PSP - Pasasalamat, Sakripisyo, at Pag-gunita.

Pasasalamat in a way we as believers - thankful to God for the blessings He pour upon us not only individually but for our own family, friends, and for all we receive and give in our everyday living. He pointed out that in ancient times, the means of people back then just to give thanks to God - they have goats and cows as offerings. Thus, the means of offerings as thanksgiving is not because someone else tried to put it as directions but it is what has been practiced.

Sakripisyo which is already been done first by God's only Son - Jesus Christ who died on the cross to spare the human kind from all their sins. I also remember what the priest said about courtship wherein the guy would do Novena Masses and hear almost everyday Mass just to pray and hope for the "YES" of the girl his courting. And truly the Holy Mass would also mean sacrifice by turning our life's sacrifices into prayer during the Mass.

Pag-gunita, a commemoration, a memorial, a way to remember of course the life and death of Jesus Christ. We also come into prayer before the Offertory wherein we remember the people around us (government officials, teachers, priests, workers, etc.) I also would like to share about the priest said - when we have the memory of our past it would automatically involves our childhood days, our parents, our friends - our loved ones. And the Holy Mass would really mean remembering and praying for the people we love.

As the acronym says it - PSP, like any other gamers or a mere person out there - the Holy Mass would be an addiction to always go to not only to enjoy the time with the people who are close to you but also have a deep understanding of what PSP is and it's about God.
=)

Labels:

posted by GioM 6/06/2010 09:45:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home