K@Blog!

Blog of mine... Thoughts, updates, happenings, etc.

Maturity
Friday, May 08, 2009
If we will look or ask for the meaning of Maturity, it means - the state or quality of being fully grown or developed. Maturity comes from the root word "mature" which means, complete in natural growth or development, if you're pertaining to plants and animal forms like a mature rose bush; or even as fruit or fully aged, as cheese or wine - it means ripe. As a person, it means fully developed in body or mind like a mature woman.

So much more of those definitions and all but for me, having that word in mind is really makes me feel disturbed (in a way) 'coz no matter how I become at ease with the group or got closer to someone - it boils down to that matter. Am I matured or did I reach the so-called maturity?

It's really tough for this topic huh but ahmm... you know what, it scares me and I admit it's one of my weaknesses (until I got to know it's one of my weaknesses, just realized recently). Anyway, just to get into the real deal - it was my prayer considering the work I have as a Fulltime Pastoral Worker (a Missionary type of work) that it's natural for you to be assigned to other places where you have been (maybe) or you haven't been wherein the comfort of yourself is not there. To make this blog shorter - my prayer is that "wherever God wants me to be there I'll go as long as I will grow personally and I will be much matured towards my future." And unconsciously I'm not really considering my weaknesses and strengths in praying for that matter but it's ONLY for my preparation towards my future.

My point is, one of those things you should consider to be able to reach maturity is that "YOU MUST MAKE YOUR DECISIONS AND BE FIRM FOR IT." (thanks J.V.C.)
If you could do that frequently and constantly, I guess you'll take one step to the next level. Right or right?

Labels:

posted by GioM 5/08/2009 12:05:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home